Steps to Being Awarded with a D.P. Dough Franchise
D.P. Dough does not simply sell franchises to people who can afford them. A franchise "sale" implies that it is a single transaction, like buying a car (or a calzone). Signing a franchise agreement creates a long-term co-dependent relationship based on mutual trust and accountability between you and the D.P. Dough franchise. While not having enough money is a deal-breaker, it is also bad for the D.P. Dough brand (including existing franchisees) when an owner does not fit into the D.P. Dough culture. That is why we "award" people who fit our culture the right to use the D.P. Dough system and trademarks in the pursuit of making a profit for themselves. We are not in the business of "selling" franchises.
90 Day Opportunity Research Period
Please review all of the available materials and take your time in deciding whether you have interest in applying to be awarded a D.P. Dough franchise. If you are awarded a D.P. Dough franchise, you will have a period of 90 days from the Introduction Call to decide to either sign the Franchise Agreement or to not sign the Franchise Agreement and conclude the process.
If you have thought about it, and you meet the financial and culture requirements, then submit your application now for your life-changing journey to the American Dream, one calzone at a time!
1. Submit Application. You submit your confidential application. You can do that here.
2. Introduction Call. (Within 1-3 days of when you submit your application) If you meet the financial requirements, a member of the D.P. Dough executive team will contact you to set up a one hour call to discuss your application. We will discuss the D.P. Dough culture, concept difference, the location(s) that you are interested in, and start up costs. If you feel good about us and we feel good about you after that call, we will continue the process by running a credit check and a criminal background check. You will be asked to submit a resume and your most recent 2 years of personal tax returns at the conclusion of the call.
3. What D.P. Dough Can Do For You Call. (Within 1-2 weeks of Introduction Call) During this call with you, your business partners, and your spouse (if you like), we will discuss the elements of support provided by D.P. Dough Franchising, including training, national vendor agreements, point of sale software, marketing, grand opening, and continued support. If we believe that you are a bona fide franchisee candidate, we will provide you with a copy of the Franchise Disclosure Document and blank pro forma budget to prepare for later submission to us.
4. Due Diligence. (Within 2 weeks of the What D.P. Dough Can Do For You Call) You review the Franchise Disclosure Document to see if you really want to become a D.P. Dough store owner. We will make a final decision of whether or not to award you with a D.P. Dough franchise during this time. If you are awarded with a D.P. Dough franchise, you will begin the process of applying for financing through our partners, Boefly and Guidant Financial. We will also connect you with existing franchisees to contact and schedule the Mutual Expectations Call at this time.
5. Mutual Expectations Call. (Within 1 Week of Franchise Being Awarded) If you are awarded a D.P. Dough franchise, we will have a Mutual Expectations Call to discuss the specific requirements of the D.P. Dough system and the respective roles of D.P. Dough franchising and D.P. Dough franchisees. We will schedule a Decision Day, where you will travel to Columbus, Ohio and sign the Franchise Agreement (or not).
6. Decision Day. If you are awarded a D.P. Dough franchise, within approximately 90 days of the Introduction Call, you will travel to Columbus, Ohio to meet with members of our executive leadership team. At that time, you will either execute the Franchise Agreement or decide to not move forward with the D.P. Dough franchise opportunity. The Initial Franchise Fee will be due at this time.
7. Real Estate Search. Within 48 hours of signing the Franchise Agreement, you will have your first call with our franchise real estate consultant who will act as your commercial real estate broker and guide you through each step of the process. You will find a location that meets the D.P. Dough specifications and sign a lease.
8. Construction Begins. Once the lease is signed, you will begin construction at your restaurant. You will be responsible for retaining an architect and general contractor. We will help you, your architect, and your contractor with any questions and provide sample floor plans.
9. Training. You will participate in the D.P. Dough certified training program in Ohio. The program consists of four five-day weeks, for a total of 20 days. You must successfully pass a final exam at the conclusion of your training to be able to open your D.P. Dough.
10. Construction Completed. All permits are granted. Grand opening date is mutually determined by you and us.
11. Store opens. Work hard! Make money!